Friday, August 1, 2014

Missing out and fundraising

 I kissed my husband and son goodbye this afternoon. They are off to a wedding in Michigan without me. I will be alone for four days. I've only been away from my son twice. Once was when I flew out to California to be in the Visual Snow study and the 2nd time was when my husband and son flew out to Michigan for Christmas. I miss out on a lot of things because of Visual Snow.
 I know that 95% of those with visual snow have no issues when it comes to traveling, but as I've talked about before I recently within the past year acquired a rare symptom that sometimes comes along with visual snow and it's where I can not see fluid movement in my peripheral vision. I am fine when I am at home or at a place without fast movement, but being in a car or attempting to drive is pure hell. It almost feels like you are in a tunnel because you only have a small portion of your vision that isn't peripheral when you are driving. So things that are even farther away use even more peripheral vision and there for most of my vision is filled with movement that is only happening in fragmented scenes. I know that it isn't going to hurt me, but my brain is constantly thinking what the heck and is trying to make sense of it all.

 I have still been trying for disability, but apparently unless I'm dead I'm not eligible to receive it. If you've ever seen a disabled homeless person I am thinking this may be where it all started. I should had been a baby factory a lived of the government.... I would have had a better chance at having some sort of income as apposed to getting SSI for a true disability that the folks at the social security office keep turning me down for.

 Anyways, I can complain all day until my face was blue about disability and about Visual Snow, but I won't. I just want to mention for anyone who is reading my blog, if you haven't yet, please visit the Visual snow fundraising site n gofundme at www.gofundme.com/Visual-Snow and donate... even if it's $5.00 any little bit helps. We just started an instagram and will be having an auction on there soon and all proceeds will go directly to the visual snow research. The instagram user name is Help_Cure_Visual_Snow - so please add it and share it with you friends to let them know about the upcoming auction.

 We need one more brain imaging study to be done and I've already been told by Dr. Schankin himself that they have several treatment options in mind, but this brain imaging study has to be done first. They've located the area in the brain and I am assuming (only assuming) that they need to look into that area further to see what treatment will work best. So, again, if you haven't yet gone, or if you are not familiar with Visual Snow and just stumbled across my page, please donate for a good cause.

God Bless,
Candi

No comments:

Post a Comment