Friday, September 9, 2011

Flunarizine

So I just got word that a friend of mine who had had the same symptoms as me found a medicine that worked for him. It was suggested by the Dr. in California who is researching the condition. He has long known of its potential to work, I guess it doesn't work for everyone though. I am thinking of bringing it up to my neuro opthalmologist (sp) to see what he thinks of me trying it. At this point sitting and waiting isn't curing me. It however is preventing me from taking another chemical that could make me worse.

I have concluded upon my own research that taking a beta blocker, which I believe is close to the same class as the above medication, is what caused this problem for me in the first place. The added anxiety in my already stressful life took a turn for the worse while on the medicine and then once off it really did me in. The Prozac some how must of helped in some areas, but I was still having the break through light sensitivity which told me something wasn't right. And once the medicine started to poop out for me it was slowly getting worse with symptoms. Then stopping it brought it out completely only to slowly get worse as the months pass on. I am going on 3 years since the first onset of strange symptoms (while on the prozac). Someone told me yesterday that when you have it so long your chances of getting better decrease, (said in a different way). I'd be ignorant to believe that. That would mean I had no hope and that is a lie. I've had hope since day one. I have hope through Jesus Christ that I WILL GET BETTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment