Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Updated VNG test results as well as allergy testing

I went back for another VNG test (caloric testing where they blow warm and cold air into each ear to induce vertigo as a pair of electronic goggles that you are wearing records your eye movements). I hated the test more than any of the tests they do there. I went for a follow up the very next day and was surprised to hear that my left ear is almost back to normal and my right ear (the very bad one) still had some damage, but was looking a lot better. It seems the head shake exercises are working. That same week I had an appointment for the vestibular rehab and was mentioning how panning movement from tv, video screens at church, and sometimes moving cars can make me start to feel off balance. She told me to buy a disco ball with different colors, one that rotates around projecting the moving images on the wall and do my exercises with it going. So far so good. It actually mimics the same movement that makes me dizzy. this will help aide in training my brain. I am feeling beter and more confident that one day I will be able to drive without any more issues. We are going on vacation in October to the Keys. I usually have no problems as a passenger other than the feeling that we are going too fast. I make my husband stay at 70 mph and remind him every few minutes when he tries to go faster. :) On another note: The same day I did the caloric ear tests I had to do a slew of allergy testing, shots in the arm (about 50 for outside allergens) and a blood draw (for food allergens). I got the results instantly for the outside allergens, but had to come back the next day to see if I had any delayed reactions. I am allergic to 3 types of grass, 6 types of mold, some weeds, cats and dust mites. I had a very long reaction to the cats and most of all the dust mites. My arm is still red and raised in both of those areas and that was from early last week. I was told that allergies can cause migraines and dizziness and that I should get allergy shots to see if it helps. I am waiting to hear back regarding the food allergies and then I will start the shots. So, that is all I have for now. I had been trying to save up to see an osteopath so I could go through Igenex to get another Lymes test done. They say its hard to get a positive Elisa on the Lymes test and since I did, I should go through Igenex. It would explain the thyroid issues, migraines, dizziness, muscle twitching, etc. I would just love to get an answer. Any who, yea, I had been trying to save up, but it seems once I have the money, I have to spend it on some other bills. This has been life......

No comments:

Post a Comment