Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Been a while

It has been quite some time since I last posted. The 2nd phase of the Visual Snow study has commenced in Munich, Germany. We are currently awaiting those results. Professor Goadsby is in the process of starting up the 3rd phase of the Visual Snow study at Kings College Hospital in London. We are currently raising funds to hire a full time researcher www.gofundme.com/visual-snow.

Update on me-

I am still dealing with daily visual snow symptoms, but on top of that I am dealing with vestibular issues. I was first diagnosed with bilateral vestibulopathy and then later diagnoses with Vestibular Migraines. At the time of testing when I was diagnosed with vestibular migraine I had ZERO weakness in either ear. I was told that I most certainly have no issues physically with my inner ears, but that it's the migraines which causes the dizziness. That diagnosis was music to my ear, but it still leaves me questioning the diagnosis's. What if my most recent diagnosis was wrong? I should just let it go, but it's tough. I wouldn't be able to do anything anyways. The migraine variant is the best outcome because I can continue on with the treatment I am on now, Verapamil and Lamotrigine, to see if it helps with the dizziness and vision issues. It still seems like everything is way worse right before my period and my OBGYN has said my hormones are all within range. I just don't understand it all. I have the chance to go to Louisiana to see a doctor who specializes in diagnosing vestibular disorders. The only problem is he doesn't work with any insurance companies and wants $4,000.00 for testing and then I would have to submit a claim to my insurance company.... who could then deny it. I should just be happy with my diagnosis and leave it at that....., but my mind doesn't work that way. If my medicines would start working that would prove that it's a migraine variant.




No comments:

Post a Comment