Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stool sample

Wow, I said it.... Stool sample! I am going to take a stool sample!!! I grew up in the era of Beavis and Butthead so I am not, as one might say, prude. I was raised in a non modest family. Here's an example.... our family thought it was funny when any time someone was in the shower or using the bathroom that we would fart on the door so that it would echo very loudly. (Wow, I just said that too) Now that I got that out of the way.... I am taking the stool sample mainly to check for candida, but also because I have been having issues with diarrhea (cha, cha, cha- you knew that was coming). I have had it for well over a month and 1/2 now for no good reason at all. Not that I can justify a good reason for having diarrhea (cha, cha, cha). So you are given this plastic-ish type french fry tray that you have to literally poop on. (put your gloves on first) Then you use the enclosed plastic spatula to dissect your poop in three different areas and place those portions into assigned plastic tubes. Once that is done you pack it up and call the FED EX man to come pick up your poop! My husband will have three of his life long friends in town this weekend and I am planning to do my "specimen collection" then. No, I did not plan it that way, it just happened to "fall" on that day. Okay, enough toilet humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment